The devastation caused by the ongoing flooding in Pakistan has unleashed an unprecedented tragedy. Up to 20 million individuals are in need of immediate aid and over 1600 peoplehave already died.
CARE’s Emergency Relief Effort
We are on the ground supporting the ongoing relief efforts inPakistan’s flood affected areas:
Providing emergency supplies-- Food, water, medicines, utensils and clothing
Immediate reconstruction of homes
Taking measures for the prevention of Malaria and other communicable diseases
Our initial target regions are the Muzaffargarh/Kot Addu and Nowshera areas where six of our schools have been inundated and destroyed, and hundreds of our children and teachers rendered homeless.
Itemized costs for necessities:
- Building a single room 18 ft x 12 ft house $ 1000/unit.
- Pesticide spray machines $27/unit.
- Pesticide $12/unit (covers a few acres)
- Containers for obtaining and storing clean water $10/unit
- Rations (flour, rice, lentils, sugar, salt, dates, milk powder) and water filtration kits
- Basic medicines $5/unit
We urgently need your support to
enable the victims of this calamity to survive,
and subsequently, to start their lives over.
Please donate generously.
For Donations within the US: